Friday, September 4, 2009

They're Gonna Put My Head in a Guillotine


They're Gonna Put My Head In A Guillotine



I refused to walk up the steps
to the Tower. I had to be carried
up in chains, shackles and all.
But not before they clubbed me
in back of the head several times
When they got me to the Tower
the president and 2 or 3 supreme
court appointees and a man with
a huge cross sewn into his suit and a
black hood over his head, were discussing
my supposed crime. I yelled: FREEDOM
FOR ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS
and FUCK THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT.
The president got all teary eyed
and said I was rejecting Jesus.
I told him Jesus was rejecting the
Christian right and that the Christian
right was the embodiment of the
Antichrist. His face turned a bright
red and he started screaming: OFF WITH
THE POET'S HEAD and I was thrown
down and dragged to the guillotine
on my knees, my head forced between
the guides; the hooded man dropping
the blade through and my head was
severed from my body. I watched it
roll down the Tower steps bouncing
and my head was laughing, laughing and
yelling: DEATH TO THE ANTICHRIST
IN THE LAKE OF FIRE and FREEDOM,
FREEDOM FOR ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS.
THE REAL JESUS CAME TO FREE
THE OPPRESSED.


Doug Draime 2006

Posted over on Ragged Edge

No comments: