Monday, January 5, 2009

Civilization's Decline



Civilization’s Decline


Knowing full well I was risking impropriety by
linking to a cussword post like that clover one,
I charged ahead anyway and knocked Earth off
its tender axis. So far I’ve lost 2 trusty readers
because of my naughtiness, 2 now wandering
thirsty in the lonely desert of the blogosphere
without sensible shoes or adequate sunscreen.
Heard I made an octogenarian in Iowa spill tea
on her pineapple doilie. Got an e-mail from
a librarian in Lima who hates me. Civilization’s
decline - blame it on me and that link. It’ll be
funny with the sun not getting ’round here like
it used to. Pansies and palms won’t be happy,
but they’ll have their whole lives to get over it.

"Poetry saves my bacon,
that’s for sure,
I love being shielded in a poem I write,
no one can judge me there."

Jannie Funster December 2008

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Interesting.

Glenn Buttkus said...

Yeah, at least. This poem garnered like 50 comments over on your supersized site.

Glenn